In October 2019, internet retail sales accounted for 19.2% of total retail sales in the UK, and experts predict that by the end of this decade more than half of retail sales will be via online retailers.
As orders increase, small businesses in particular may find keeping up with order fulfilment difficult. This is where specialist order fulfilment services for small business can help – it can save them time and money as well as helping their businesses grow.
How does this differ to fulfilment for larger businesses?
Most small businesses operate on a skeleton staff, which means that they probably don’t have a dedicated logistics department. Often the picking, packing and despatch is fitted in between all the other jobs that need to be done – with some business owners even working into the small hours to get the orders of the day packed.
A small business fulfilment service will streamline your pick, pack and despatch operation whilst freeing up time so that you can focus on other areas of your business, such as sourcing/developing new products and marketing.
Whereas larger online retailers are more likely to have the space to store stock, small businesses may be run from rented office spaces, or even from home. This means that there is limited space to store stock as the business expands. However, outsourcing your fulfilment operation can help with this problem too, by providers storing your stock in their optimised warehouse facilities. This will save you the bother, time and money of sourcing storage facilities or larger premises to operate from.
We can offer a complete small business fulfilment service
Adstral provides small business fulfilment services that are tailored around your particular requirements. By outsourcing your order fulfilment to us, you will realise many benefits which include:
- Freeing up your time to focus on other areas of your business.
- Saving you time and
money by not having to invest in:
- New premises.
- Employment and training new staff.
- Stock inventory software.
- Streamlining your pick, pack and despatch operation, thereby improving customer service.
- Adapting during seasonal peaks, sales and promotions.
- Complete order accuracy.
Our fulfilment service will keep up with your orders as your business grows, whilst you can sit back and relax knowing that your online orders are handled efficiently, professionally and reliably.
We offer the following small business order fulfilment services:
- Secure, safe warehousing of all your stock. We operate a robust stock management system which ensures that we always have real time information on your stock levels.
- A state of the art 3PL Manager® order management software system that integrates directly with all popular eCommerce platforms. This system automatically checks your website and other online sales channels for new orders received – or we can import data from your in-house system.
- The Adstral Client Portal, which enables customers to view their orders, products and inventory levels.
- An accurate pick, pack and despatch operation to meet your delivery timescales, and with personalised despatch notes with your company logo/details on all orders.
- A complete returns handling service. This includes logging returns, checking goods for faults/damage, sending out replacement stock, and updating inventory or arranging for disposal/recycling.
Is our small business order fulfilment service suitable for you?
With no set up charges and no monthly management fees, our flexible small business fulfilment service is ready to go as and when you need us. Whether you need us for long-term support or short-term fulfilment to cover sales periods, holidays or seasonal peaks, we can provide you with an order fulfilment solution that meets your requirements – for however long you need us.
Because we ship thousands of products each day, we have built excellent relationships with various courier and shipping service providers, which means that we can offer competitive rates on all your delivery costs.
As your business grows, we can adapt our service to meet your changing requirements. We can scale up our operation in no time at all, rather than the weeks it would take your business to source new premises, hire and train new staff etc. – thereby keeping your customers happy.
How we have helped other small businesses grow
Our small business order fulfilment enables our customers to focus on other areas of their business without having the worry of picking, packing and despatching orders. Once an order is received, we will ensure that it is packed suitably to minimise damage during transit and delivery, thereby reducing the number of potential returns and increasing your positive customer experience. Customer satisfaction is key to customer retention, which means more repeat orders.
See our testimonials page to view what our customers have to say about our fulfilment services.
Find out more
Our pricing calculator tool enables you to get an instant indicator of monthly fulfilment pricing. All you need to do is enter a few details such as your average number of orders per month, average items per order and storage area requirements.
If you would like to speak to one of our team about our fulfilment services for small business, please get in touch today.