Is your online business based in Reading, Swindon, Bristol, Bath or Southwest?
If yes, then it makes sense to have your order fulfilment providers within easy reach.
Although we live in a predominantly digital world, sometimes we just need to get physical. While communication over email, telephone or social platforms is acceptable for day-to-day requests and conversations, sometimes we just need to get out there and see for ourselves.
This is so true of order fulfilment services. Some online retailers need (or prefer) relatively local access to their stock. They can easily check out how their stock is stored, how the inventory works, what is the picking, packing and returns process, and to generally satisfy themselves that all is well.
Why choose a local order fulfilment provider?
When you choose an order fulfilment company, it’s worth considering the benefits of a local provider in Swindon.
- You should be able to ‘pop in’ if you need to, with relatively little notice.
- Should stock need to be transferred from the warehouse to your premises for any reason, it’s faster and more cost effective.
- Swindon has great transport links to London, Wales, the Midlands and the Southwest, and access to many carriers on the doorstep.
- It’s sometimes good to ‘meet your team’ from time to time. Chat with the people who are working on your business in the back-office, in the warehouse, in the packing and despatch department. You can’t do this on a regular basis if your order fulfilment provider is 250 miles away.
- Doing business locally is becoming increasingly important to companies and individuals who are trying to reduce their travel miles and make a positive contribution to their local economy – it has a ‘feelgood factor’ too.
We all appreciate the importance of building relationships in business, and when your order fulfilment company is on your doorstep, or at least within easy reach, there will be a definite shift as they are viewed more of a ‘partner’ than a supplier. And when true business partnerships are forged, last-minute requests, or pleas for urgent assistance are more likely to be answered.
Choose an order fulfilment partner that understands your business.
Another key criterion to consider when choosing an order fulfilment provider is how well they understand your business and your needs. Have they got experience and expertise in your product sector (or one very similar), can they quickly answer your seasonal demands or gear up immediately for ‘flash’ sales? Have they got the capacity to expand as your business grows?
Our pay-as-you-go dynamic fulfilment pricing is extremely competitive. However, perhaps too often, we buy only on price, especially when margins are tight or in difficult trading times. We may have experienced the fallout of buying cheap when the product or service falls apart. And, in a service-led industry such as order fulfilment, first-class service needs to be 24/7, otherwise customers will vote with their feet and go elsewhere if orders aren’t delivered on time and in pristine condition.
Adstral Fulfilment is local, experienced and price competitive.
For companies in Swindon, Bristol, Bath or the M4 corridor, our warehouse and purpose-built fulfilment centre is conveniently located just outside Swindon town, which allows for easy access and parking for unloading and despatch.
As our post-COVID business world opens up again, we are welcoming visits from new and established clients, who tell us that they feel more comfortable working with local suppliers. This feeling we believe has been driven by the pandemic coupled with an increased desire to reduce the distances we travel. Our offices and warehouse areas are fully Covid prepared, so we are sure that staff and visitors alike feel confident that we are doing all we can to keep them safe.
Over the years there’s not many products or services we haven’t encountered, but we are at our best and most competitive with items that are smaller than a shoebox and less than 300 different product types (SKUs) per client.
Adstral services at a glance.
- 5pm same-day order fulfilment
- B2C distribution
- Subscription box fulfilment
- Amazon preparation services
- Contract packing
- Shrink wrapping
Our managed onboarding process and close attention to detail ensures that moving your fulfilment to Adstral is stress-free.
Find out more about Adstral Fulfilment at https://www.adstralfulfilment.co.uk/ or make contact to discuss your order fulfilment, storage or other requirements https://www.adstralfulfilment.co.uk/contact-us/